2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Converted clicks but no conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have more  clicks & impression & but no conversion why is it so what can be the issue my landing page is http://www.itm.edu/lp/EEC-2014-2/

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vaishali s
September 2015

Re: Converted clicks but no conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vaishali,

Without going into your landing page, your conversion tracking code is installed on the thank you page and seems to be functional. Could you perhaps give us an idea of numbers? How many clicks/visits has this landing page had?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
200 clicks is a fair amount without getting any conversions. Not unheard of but it does warrant looking into.

There could be a number of reasons, and as I am not privy to your actual account I can only speculate. You do have anlytics setup so consider looking at bounce rate and time spent on the page. If the BR is high and time spent low then this would be an indicator of irrelvant or low quality traffic. In other words the people who are clicking on your ad are not the people that you want to click on your ad.

I would then look at your keyword choice, ensure that your negative Keywords list is constantly being updated through an analysis of the Search Query Report. As well as ensuring that your ads are clear and succinct about where the user will be going and what you are offering.

Hope this helps

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
On another slightly related note, there is a lot of room for improvement with regards to your landing page but the most obvious thing that may be responsible for a large number of users not converting is likely related to your choice to make mobile phone a mandatory field accompanied by a LARGE warning sign that you are able to call them as much as you want. This will be a huge deterrent to your potential customers. I would consider revising this policy and perhaps making the mobile number optional.

Good Luck

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I see you have a working conversion tracking installed on http://www.itm.edu/lp/EEC-2014-2/thankyou.php

1- make sure tracking code is from same account if you have more than one account.
2- Which type of keywords are you using. It is broad?
can you post your come of keywords and ads copies screenshoot?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks alot for helping me. can you just help with google analytics like how do i connect & see my user where they coming from & all , actually i am a beginner & i don't know properly how to use can you just tell me what things i should initially focus on.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vaishali,

Without going into your landing page, your conversion tracking code is installed on the thank you page and seems to be functional. Could you perhaps give us an idea of numbers? How many clicks/visits has this landing page had?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
around 55000 impression ,& clicks 200 but 0 conversion
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
200 clicks is a fair amount without getting any conversions. Not unheard of but it does warrant looking into.

There could be a number of reasons, and as I am not privy to your actual account I can only speculate. You do have anlytics setup so consider looking at bounce rate and time spent on the page. If the BR is high and time spent low then this would be an indicator of irrelvant or low quality traffic. In other words the people who are clicking on your ad are not the people that you want to click on your ad.

I would then look at your keyword choice, ensure that your negative Keywords list is constantly being updated through an analysis of the Search Query Report. As well as ensuring that your ads are clear and succinct about where the user will be going and what you are offering.

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
On another slightly related note, there is a lot of room for improvement with regards to your landing page but the most obvious thing that may be responsible for a large number of users not converting is likely related to your choice to make mobile phone a mandatory field accompanied by a LARGE warning sign that you are able to call them as much as you want. This will be a huge deterrent to your potential customers. I would consider revising this policy and perhaps making the mobile number optional.

Good Luck
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I see you have a working conversion tracking installed on http://www.itm.edu/lp/EEC-2014-2/thankyou.php

1- make sure tracking code is from same account if you have more than one account.
2- Which type of keywords are you using. It is broad?
can you post your come of keywords and ads copies screenshoot?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks alot for helping me. can you just help with google analytics like how do i connect & see my user where they coming from & all , actually i am a beginner & i don't know properly how to use can you just tell me what things i should initially focus on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ad copies :
{KeyWord:Executive MBA}
www.itm.edu/executiveMBA
World Class MBA For The Working.
Visit Us Today to Find Out More!
few keywords :
Executive MBA scholarship
Executive MBA syllabus
part time MBA for executives
Executive MBA degree
Executive MBA programme
Executive MBA admissions
Executive MBA fees
Executive MBA
Executive MBA weekend
Executive MBA university
Executive MBA 2014
Executive MBA
MBA for working +executive
Executive MBA placements

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

A small suggestion to your ad copies.

In ads, you have call to action= Visit Us Today to Find Out More!
In landing page, you have it = LETS TALK.

Both should match. a people who see your ads must know exactly ( as much possible) what he suppose to do after clicking ads.

====

Also, add try to add more negative terms.

Check your search queries report to find irrelevant terms.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok thanks alot