Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Converted Clicks vs Conversion vs Transaction

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members,

I have a doubt so want to ask from you adwords experts. 

If user is clicking on my ad and filling a query form, then adwords will count it one conversion and one converted click.

After  two days, if the same user is coming back on my website by clicking on my ad and filling the query form 3 times with different - different information, so google will count it again as a one converted click and 3 conversions?

so here my converted click will be 2 and conversion will be 4?

Same case for Transaction id, If user is purchasing 5 product by clicking on my ad, then google adwords will be count it one converted click and 5 conversion and 1 transaction?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Converted Clicks vs Conversion vs Transaction

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Nick,
Its you who can select the counting method for each conversion action. You need to go to Tools > Conversions > then select the conversion action and click edit settings > Count ( choose either one or every)
Example -Every: if one ad click leads to three purchases, that will count as three conversions.
Example -One: if one ad click leads to three purchases, that will count as one conversion.
The conversions in the account will be based on what you select on "Count"

Converted clicks:
Converted Clicks = Unique Customers. This is “the number of clicks that convert within your chosen conversion window (typically 30 days)”. So, if a customer makes two separate purchases after clicking on an ad, they will register as one Converted Click.

Transaction id:
If user is purchasing 5 product by clicking on my ad, then google adwords will be count it one converted click (because that is one unique click- unique customer) and 5 conversion (if you count "every" conversion) and 1 transaction (A transaction represents the entire transaction (1) that occurs on your site, and contains 5 products, each transaction is identified through a unique ID known as transaction ID)

Re: Converted Clicks vs Conversion vs Transaction

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zlatomira,

Thanks for your reply. My concern is about converted clicks.

If someone is clicking on my ad and filling the same query form two times. Adwords will count it two conversion and one converted click. Now next day, same user search and click on my ad and fill the query form again.

So if i will check my two days data, Is adword will show me two converted click with three conversions?(2 conversion first day and one conversion next day)
Or As we know, there is 30 days conversion window, so adwords will show me one converted click with three conversions, because second conversion happened under the given conversion windows of 30 days.
(If same user is coming again and again with in 30 days and filling the query form 100 times. So there will be only one converted click but multiple conversions. Or multiple converted click(Number of times user actually click on ad and fill the form)

Thanks.