AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions pour during a particular time only, rest all times its ..?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi group,

This has been happening very frequently with my ads.

For most part of the day the ads keep running, people keep clicking and visiting but not much conversion happen, just when its after 12 noon, all of a sudden the flow of the conversion increases and goes on till evening like till 6 or 7 and again it stops.

I have tried to understand whats going behing this but unable to find the reason. This is very common trend and I have been expereincing since past few months. My team waits till afternoon as they all know at that time the orders would start and everyone asks the same question.

One reason I understand is, due to budget constraint google waits for a certain time but I have increased budget as well to an extent that it never gets fully consumed like 20-30% left each day for that perticular campaign. What must I do or change that the flow should be constant.

For me only Broad Match work and its an eCommerce startup.

Please advice, thanks in advance :-)

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversions pour during a particular time only, rest all times its

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

With all e-commerce website, actually any website that provides a product/service, there will be peak times of day where conversions occur more frequently.

If you're using conversion tracking (which should be used) you can go to the Dimensions tab, then click the tab that says "View: Clicks" and select Time - Hour of the day, you will see what hours of the day converts best.

Once you have this information you can use this information to day part your campaigns to increase/decrease traffic and bids on performing/non-performing times of day.

Remember though that with any purchase online there is always a buying cycle and customers may not always purchase on the first click. They may come to your website via a a generic keyword and leave the site with the intention of coming back later to purchase. If you have decreased bids during this initial research phase they won't have found your website to start with and therefor not purchase.

Adwords have made it easier to monitor Adwords to Adwords funnels by adding columns to the keywords view. Go Columns - Customise columns - Select search funnels and chose some revelant metrics to see what impact your keywords are having on a first click basis.

With regards to daily budget management you can change the delivery method. Accelerated will show your ads as quickly as possible to consume your budget, Standard will spread your budget evenly across the day to ensure you get an even amount of traffic. The latter may be best if you have budget constraints.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

With all e-commerce website, actually any website that provides a product/service, there will be peak times of day where conversions occur more frequently.

If you're using conversion tracking (which should be used) you can go to the Dimensions tab, then click the tab that says "View: Clicks" and select Time - Hour of the day, you will see what hours of the day converts best.

Once you have this information you can use this information to day part your campaigns to increase/decrease traffic and bids on performing/non-performing times of day.

Remember though that with any purchase online there is always a buying cycle and customers may not always purchase on the first click. They may come to your website via a a generic keyword and leave the site with the intention of coming back later to purchase. If you have decreased bids during this initial research phase they won't have found your website to start with and therefor not purchase.

Adwords have made it easier to monitor Adwords to Adwords funnels by adding columns to the keywords view. Go Columns - Customise columns - Select search funnels and chose some revelant metrics to see what impact your keywords are having on a first click basis.

With regards to daily budget management you can change the delivery method. Accelerated will show your ads as quickly as possible to consume your budget, Standard will spread your budget evenly across the day to ensure you get an even amount of traffic. The latter may be best if you have budget constraints.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to add, if your using broad match keywords make sure you keep an eye on your search query report. This shows what keywords have generated clicks to your website.

Go to the kwyrods tab and click Keywords Details - All.

This will pull up the full list of keywords which resulted in your ad showing.

Go through the list and find any keywords that aren't relevant and ad these as negative keywords. Having strong negatives will improve every metric within your account and allow you to spend more effectively and certainly improve your ROI.

Ryan.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Chris;

Just speculating;

Could it be consumers behavior - more leaning towards purchasing these products during certain hours of the day?

[Edited] : I was distracted by a phone call, when returning and clicking "post" , I see that RyanHoldaway  suggested the same,,,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Some thoughts:

There can be types of businesses where conversions tend to occur at certain times of the day. It's somewhat unusual but could happen. It may help knowing what you are selling.

People tend to search at those times of the day for your product. Somewhat unusual too but can happen for whatever reason. Think restaurants. Surely a large percentage of searches would be between say 11:00 and 1:00, drop off and go up again later.

What is your delivery method setting? I always leave it at standard. But if you have it at accelerated, then the system may be the reason for more impressions (and therefore more clicks leading to conversions) at the times you notice. Budget settings will have an impact too.

Budget setting not high enough. Check the Impression Share stats. Are you showing at or close to 100% of the time?

Scheduling. Not showing ads at certain times or reduced bid at those times.

Competitors. Their budget or settings causing them to show at certain times and pushing you down the rankings. They may even be scheduling differently and this will affect your ranking. Lower rankings generally means lower relative CTR and again, less clicks leading to less conversions.

Any or all of the above or something else completely. Remember that your ads don't live in a vaccuum. Everything no only on your side of things but competitors affect your results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris! Where do you check at what time people start clicking on your ad? I'm stuck looking for this menu/tab. Will appreciate you help a bunch Smiley Happy
Agnieszka

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Just want to check that is there any way to make a customized report in Google Adwords to check out from which keyword I got a conversion with time (hour of the day)..

Thanks

Puneet

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@puneetdceengg;

This case is closed. Please open a new discussion for your case.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’