AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions for leads versus paid customers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have an adwords campaign setup to optmize based on conversions for leads acquired.

We would like to experiement with paying for paying customers acquired instead. This would let us raise our cost per acquisition considerably. 

However, I cant figure out how to make one campaign use one conversion point and another campaign only use another conversion point. 

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions for leads versus paid customers?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

I'm not quite sure I understand your questions. I'm not sure what you mean by, "would like to experiement with paying for paying customers acquired"?

As far as conversions go, if your ad destination URLs for one campaign lead to a landing page or pages that use Conversion Code A and your ad destination URLs for the second campaign lead to a landing page or pages that use Conversion Code B, then each campaign should generate the most conversions for it's "own" code. (Obviously, quite a bit depends on how your website is constructed.)

However, as far as the Conversion Optimizer tool (if you were considering using it) goes, I don't believe you can do anything to choose for it to optimize for Conversion A over Conversion B. As far as I know, the tool. optimizes for any/all available conversion types?

Perhaps you could clarify your question--maybe someone would be able to offer some more useful thoughts on this subject?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Conversions for leads versus paid customers?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Daniel,

It is very difficult to understand what you are saying? Are you talking about CPA?

Here's the link that may help you in answering your query.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188?hl=en

I hope this helps.

Kapil M