1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions are low

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I run my Google Grant campaign for a wiki site for studying Old Testament since 2016 Feb 16.

The campaign is focused on recruiting volunteers and also (as a sitelink extension) leading to my Donate page.

There is 13 conversions (user sign-up) but only only one insignificant wiki edit and zero donations.

Is it because not many people want to become volunteers or because nobody shares my belief that we should study Old Testament without vowels to gain more different meanings?

Can you advise me anything to increase efficiency of my campaign?

Here is my site.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions are low

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Victor,

I would like to stress that my knowledge in theology is pretty much limited therefore please read my answer exclusively from a technical point of view.

You did not specify what keywords or ad copies you applied, however, my assumption is that they are closely related to your website. (A recommendable practice in average cases.) However as the Keyword Planner (find it under the upper Tools tab) teaches us public interest in terms like WITHOUT VOWELS may prove way too small. Keywords and ad copies with such terms will never accrue enough traffic for you. And once you have no traffic, you have no stats to draw conclusions from.

Here is what I would probably give some chance to. Try much broader keywords for targeting like e.g. BIBLE and creatives that imply that your particular field of study is a different, interesting, very old, or very new, liberal or conservative interpretation of the Bible whichever is applicable. Or that you just have an unusual approach to it.

That way your traffic will be much higher and when you have some meaningful stats you may want to come back with your data for help to analyze them. AdWords managers are typically data driven and we cannot do much without statistically significant samples.

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The problem is not with low traffic. For example, yesterday there were 236 clicks. It isn't very bad.

I use a very long list of keywords. The keyword `Bible` you suggested is in my negative keywords, as it showed low CTR.

I have good traffic but a trouble with conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
With more than 200 clicks a day you accrued just 13 conversions in 2 months??

You did not say that earlier. The right term is that your conversion rate (CR) is extremely low. It typically means that either users who click are not really interested in your website as you present it to them, or you deliver the wrong folks to the website. In the first case you are advised to further develop your website in a way that may appeal to users. In the second case, you should re-consider your advertising strategy: re-build your keyword list and modify your creatives.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
As wrote @Lakatos, check your website. What's your landing page bounce rate? Is not so high? If so, probably visitors expects something other or they need not sign-up.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The bounce rate is 79.86%. It is not so bad, because the main purpose of my campaign is to recruit volunteers and not everybody is ready to become a volunteer.

Well, probably it can be made better (however not sure how).

Oh, wrong, forget what I've said. Paid Search bounce rate is 82.15% what is worse than I expected.

Most visited pages are /wiki/Grammar:Tutorial (47.53%) and /wiki/Project:Translators (13.05%). These pages are right for my main purpose to recruit volunteers. So I do not understand what is wrong and whether it can be made better.