Guide Me
star_border

Conversion value attribution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have the following question:

Short version: How do I attribute value to Analytics Goals imported as conversions, in an account that already registers the cart value for transactions?

Long version:

For one of my clients I track Sales through Adwords and I also import Goals from Analytics and use them as conversions. The Goals are Shopping Cart Abandoners and people interacting with the site (>15 pages and >35 pages), behavior that usually leads to a conversion.

My question is, if the transaction value/conversion is clear, how do I value the other conversions? If someone visits 35 pages and converts, the value is registered as the transaction value, but the >35 pages interaction also has value, included in the transaction value.

How do I separate them by value, and how do I track if I am cost-effective in attracting behaviour-type conversions?

I thought about this:

1. Track total transaction value
2. Attribute that total value to the other conversions. If there are 50 transactions worth $100 total and 200 behavior conversions, then those behavior conversions will also be $100 total. So I will register double the $ value in the account.
3. From the behavior conversions, value them by their importance towards the final transaction - but here is where i'm stuck. How do I differentiate between how much they contribute?

OR - is there a simpler way to do this?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion value attribution

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Would it help to segment by conversion type?

To do this you need to include the column "Conversions" in your report otherwise when you segment nothing happens.

This will segment your conversions by type so you will see how many of each type you have.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

do your business really has profit from guys who during the visit have seen on your site 35 pages? Or though your business has profit only when visitors make transaction?

On my opinion if you have implemented e-commerce tracking you won't need to add profit in GA reports from other types of conversions. Because you don't have a real profit from those conversions.

If you don't use e-commerse tracking code on your site maybe you should how many of the visitors which have seen 35 pages make a purchase after that, then you multiply your revenue from 1 transaction on number of those visitors with purchases, and than this number you have to divide on all of the visitors which have seen 35 pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have already segmented by conversion type, the only ones that have values are transactions, but the site interactions are also valuable, and certain keywords bring me those interactions and others don't. What I would like to know is if I am acquiring those interactions at a profit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think that is the solution. Take total order value and divide it by the nr. of interaction conversions. And I will then account for double sales value, but I could sort it out...