AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion is set up, but "Target CPA" bid strategy is disabled for display only campaign of iOS app

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, everyone!

Today we faced a weird issue, described in topic. We had an iOS app with plugged Firebase Analytics, and started Universal App Campaign with Target CPA + "obtain new users" strategy. At the configuration step we imported the conversion event (first_open) to adwords. But after a few days, we found that results are not satisfactory - under quite the same circumstances Android app from the start showed us like 1000x impressions in compare to iOS campaign. So to understand this situation more, we tried to start "Display Network only - Mobile app installs" campaign for this app. At the first step of configuration, we've found our app in the list, but we couldn't select the "Target CPA" bid strategy. The adwords shows alert:
"You can use target CPA as soon as we detect that your app is tracking install conversions."

But, in the "Conversions" pane, i see all the imported events (first_open + in_app_purchase) for this app. Moreover at Universal App Campaign the strategy is set to "Target CPA" and the campaign is marked as "eligible". This situation confuses us, and now we don't have an idea, how can we fix it. So i would like to ask you, does anyone had situation like that, and what can help us with fixing it? We also think, that this misconfiguration can be the reason, why results of UAC are so low, so it's also interesting, do you think this issues are really interconnected?

Your assistance will be very appreciated! Thank you!

Conversion is set up, but "Target CPA" bid strategy is disabled for display only campaign of iOS app

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Just to be clear Artem - Is your issue that the iOS campaign/setup is not working out the same as the Android campaign/setup?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,
Thank you for response. Now i see, i've added too much details - we've just started working with adwords, and everything looked a bit more complicatedSmiley Happy

Main issue is still here: we want to start Display Network Only campaign for iOS app with "Target CPA" bid strategy, but the configuration pane don't allow us to select a conversion (in our case "first_open"). Instead it shows message "You can use target CPA as soon as we detect that your app is tracking install conversions.".

But this looks weird, because we have Universal App Campaign with this particular conversion, and now it works OK (so the conversion configuration looks like valid).

Best regards,
Artem Bondar