3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion huge drop.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everybody I have a some question about Conversion Rate due to i update a destination URL into keyword level and used the same as Adtext that's belong to each campaign and keyword before. But after that my conversion rate totally drop from 10 to 6 - 8% including Converted Click but we increase our budget that's we setting. However I need to improve my conversion rate back to normal again but i need to know what happen to my account and what should i do or why my conversion rate drop so high or huge. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion huge drop.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mrx,
Welcome to Adowrds Community !
I think this is not effect by changed the Keywords destination URL. If you find the specific reason why your conversion rate drop from 10% to 6-8%. 1st check your Ads & keywords comparison report before & after the Keywords destination URL Added. May be reason Your some specific ads or keywords Avg. position drop or because of that your traffic dip. Try to compare your Keywords & Ads report before & after date range. You definitely find the right reason of conversion rate drop.

Thanks,
Jitender

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mrx,

Conversion rates usually tend to be volatile if the competition is stiff. The reason is obvious, competitors do not sit idle and they do everything possible to stay ahead, obviously like you do. 

In your case, you have not changed the Landing page URL, you have simply applied it to Keyword Level as well. So, it might not be the reason, however the landing page itself might be. 

The first think I would advise you to look into is - Lost Search Impression. Have you lost on it? Either on Budget or on rank? If yes, you should work accordingly to get the share back. 

If the impressions remains the same, but clicks/ctr have decreased, you should work with  ad copies. Look to see if the average position of ads have dropped, if yes, try increasing bids. 

If everything else is the same, go and work with your landing page to make it more optimized for conversions. 

Hope it helps. If it does not, come back with more performance trends from your account. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mrx,

When conversion rates drop after the change in the landing page - You need to first verify the following points -

1. Was there a drop in your traffic?

2. Was there a drop in your impressions?

If the above two points are not affected. There is no drop. Then probably your landing page is a problem. Again you need to check -

1. If you have installed the conversion tracking code on the new landing page.

2. If your landing page loads on time. Pagespeed is important to check on bounce backs.

Now, I consider this that you have optimized your search queries, your bids are the same as before and also the average position. If all these factors dont come into play - then you need to split test your landing page with the previous landing page. This might help you understand what really is happening with your conversion rate.

Remember a lot of factors come into play when you say conversion rates drop. But as you mentioned that it happened after you changed your destination url (landing page). I will consider to split test the current landing page with the previous one for about 3-4 days to see the effect.

Let us know if it helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks guys for suggest me, I will do my best by asap. Now my Conversion Rate coming up a little bit. Regarding to every comment I will keep in mind .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mrx,

Apart from All the points mentioned above, I would recommend changing all the landing page URL's not advisable at one go. I would request you to use ACE (AdWords Campaign Experiments) by doing some testing and according to the result you take your decision.

Regards,
Rupesh Chhabra