AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion drop dowm from one Country

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I am running one of my campaign in 8 to10 different countries. It gave good results but from the last 5 months My conversion goes down suddenly from United Kingdom, rest is ok.

Whats the reason for this any body help and give suggestion now what i have to do?

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Conversion drop dowm from one Country

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rick

There can be several reasons for this, But please consider following

• Are you running 1 campaign for all countries? in which case i would suggest you should have diffrent campaign for each one.
  • look at search query report for each country/ campaigns
  • list down highest converting keywords and check if you have lost any impression share on the same.

This is not a solution but this should get you started towards solution

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi rick85,

I am running one of my campaign in 8 to10 different countries

Are you running a single campaign targeting all countries you mentioned or how exactly have you structured your account?

Now the dip you mentioned, is it only for UK during past 5 months or for all the targeting regions you have set?

Did you make any big changes to your account in the past because sometimes the change could be slow and steady leading to low conversion rate.

There could be many reasons for low conversion rate. Few includes lacking in the competition, low ad rank due to which your ad is not visible at a good converting position as compared to 5 months back when you were getting higher conversions etc...

Let us know about this!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi rick85,

Kindly check following points:

>>Check your avg position. if your avg position get declined than you can raise the bid.

>>Review your negative keyword list. Sometime by mistake we add converting keywords in negative. so please check your list again.

>>Run ad preview tool and check your avg position and also check is there any new compititors arise??

>>Check your keywords in auction insight. here you can see how you're performing compared to other advertisers.

>>Check your impression share market (Impression share is the percentage of impressions you received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.)

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rick

There can be several reasons for this, But please consider following

• Are you running 1 campaign for all countries? in which case i would suggest you should have diffrent campaign for each one.
  • look at search query report for each country/ campaigns
  • list down highest converting keywords and check if you have lost any impression share on the same.

This is not a solution but this should get you started towards solution

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi rick85,

I am running one of my campaign in 8 to10 different countries

Are you running a single campaign targeting all countries you mentioned or how exactly have you structured your account?

Now the dip you mentioned, is it only for UK during past 5 months or for all the targeting regions you have set?

Did you make any big changes to your account in the past because sometimes the change could be slow and steady leading to low conversion rate.

There could be many reasons for low conversion rate. Few includes lacking in the competition, low ad rank due to which your ad is not visible at a good converting position as compared to 5 months back when you were getting higher conversions etc...

Let us know about this!

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There are some great ideas here! Has any of this helped Rick85? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi rick85,

Kindly check following points:

>>Check your avg position. if your avg position get declined than you can raise the bid.

>>Review your negative keyword list. Sometime by mistake we add converting keywords in negative. so please check your list again.

>>Run ad preview tool and check your avg position and also check is there any new compititors arise??

>>Check your keywords in auction insight. here you can see how you're performing compared to other advertisers.

>>Check your impression share market (Impression share is the percentage of impressions you received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.)

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nice answers guys. I will keep it for my records too.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello  All Sorry for late response.

Thanks for great suggestions. Now i am focusing on your tips.

-Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Pankaj,

Thanks for the suggestions here are the details below for some of your querries:

See below my account structured.

Running 10 to 15 campaigns for different products & targeting 7 to 10 different countries for different products..
example :    product 1 campaign 1   --->  Targeting 10 countries
                  product 2 campaign 2----> Targeting 8 countries
                  product 3 campaign 3----> Targeting 5 countries      etc

Yes it is dip only from UK.

I have done a change i.e. From one of my product campaigns I created a new campaign for the same product that target only United States country before that it ran with 10 countries but i spllited it and now running with 9 countries as remain as before (Note: This is different campaign it not relates to querry)

Let me know How can i improve it more

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi rick85,

See below my account structured.

Running 10 to 15 campaigns for different products & targeting 7 to 10 different countries for different products..
example :    product 1 campaign 1   --->  Targeting 10 countries
                  product 2 campaign 2----> Targeting 8 countries
                  product 3 campaign 3----> Targeting 5 countries      etc

It looks like you have a world wide product range focussed all over different parts of the world. You only mentioned UK as the low product selling country compared to others. Did you actually check which campaign the dip has been in the past 5 months? 

I am not sure which product line you are into. I am also not sure if you are advertising different websites based on different countries or is there a single website for all. There could be many reasons since it is a case of international advertising here. Few includes language of the landing page based on the country you are targeting, language in terms of content of ad text, shipping methods, currency settings on the website etc....

International advertising is a diversified topic and require deeper understanding of your product based on different parts of the world. Without going into any other implications, I would direct you to this excellent thread which share best practices of International Advertising on Google Adwords. Get a thorough understanding of all the aspects and I am sure you will get the root cause behind low conversions.

Happy Reading and Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Pankaj for quick reply.

It looks like you have a world wide product range focussed all over different parts of the world.

yes we have word wide product focussed all over different countries.

I am also not sure if you are advertising different websites based on different countries or is there a single website for all.

I am advertising only one website for all our software products with different landing pages according to our software and  created 10 to 15 campaigns accordingly for our different products in different countries with different landing pages all are comes under one website.

Hope this info might works.