AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion and Estimated Conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In one of my Adwords account I am getting different numbers for Conversion and Estimated conversions. I know estimated conversion includes cross device and cross browser conversions, but how can i get this data that how many conversions occurred through cross device and from other methods.

If I will be getting this seperate data, then only i will be able to plan some actions and improvements. Suggest how can we use this stats in campaign optimization.

Regards

Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion and Estimated Conversions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Just add the column Conversions / Est. cross-device conv.  , besides Est. total conv.

For the cross-browser conversions, although it is not specified in the help center how to do the count, I assume it can be done like a subtraction Est. total conv. minus Conversions minus Est. cross-device conv.

Also it is good to understand that the Est. cross-device conv column has data only under certain conditions , read from here :https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?ctx=tltp

"Keep in mind

Cross-device conversions, a part of Estimated Total Conversions, are tracked only for AdWords ads traffic on Google.com at this time."

"Not every advertiser will have these estimated conversions because of limited data. For instance, we only show data when we are very confident that our cross-device estimates are highly accurate. In some cases, we’ll show a “--” when you might have cross-device conversions, but there isn't enough data for us to confidently make an estimate."

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Puneet,

As you would be knowing that recently the terminology conversion was restructured and now we have something called converted clicks and conversions. Also, it depends upon how you want to keep track of tconversions i.e. whether you want to keep repeated actions or want AdWords to track unique conversions only. More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?ctx=tltp

Now Estimated Conversions data is shown to the advertisers when they receive conversions at regular intervals. Currently this metric is only calculated for the AdWords ad traffic as per the help center reference. There might be constant refinements going on and the AdWords Engineers might be working on further specific reporting as well.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Just wondering whether you checked your AdWords data by segmenting by Device level or not.

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,
I think you are talking about condition which says "Record at least 50 tracked conversions in your account each day".
I am getting only 4 to 6 conversions on daily basis, but still I am getting a difference between Conversions and Estimated total conversions. Just want from where I am getting these more conversions.

Thanks
Puneet

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi pankaj1782,

I have checked the report on device level, it is only showing conversions, but when checking at campaign level I am getting different numbers under Conversion and Estimated total conversions columns respectively. After adding Estimated cross-device conversion column, I am not getting any data for this column, so confused what type of more conversions I am getting in my account.

Regards
Puneet

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Puneet,

Did you check this part in the reference I gave above:-

Conv.png

Pankaj