2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracker on a blogger post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I spoke to Adwords and their said I need to contact the webmaster to add their code for their conversion tracker.   I need to put the code on our "contact us" post, not on the whole blog.  The HTML for the post does not have body tags.  I left a message on the webmaster forum, but nobody got back to me for 3 days!  The blog is www.bvs-pa.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lance,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community! That is correct, to track a conversion of people reaching your contact us page, the code would need to be placed on just that page. While it is best practice for it to be in the body of the page, as long as it fires on just that page alone, that will do the trick. You can learn more about applying your conversion code here.

We hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jens,

Thanks for the reply.  Ok, where do I access the html for just the contact us post?  In the past I go to edit post, and then there is an option for html which I click on, the problem is there are no body tags there.  I can't get past step 2 of the instructions that were in the link you had provided.  Can I paste the code if there are no body tags?  If so, where?  I don't know if this matters, but this is a blog, and the "contact us" is a post, not a page.