4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Optimizer after resetting ad historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the bidding option for a campaign set to conversion optimizer - Target CPA. I updated the destination URL on all my ads and when you do this the historical data for those ads reset (as if they were new ads.)

Because of this, conversion optimizer now needs to figure out all over again what my best ads are, which drove our cost per converted click from $40 to $80.

The campaign we inherited has 5,000 ad groups and each one has 8-10 ads, so looking at the historical data for the deleted ads and manually selecting the new ads isn't an option.

My question is, should I keep the campaign on conversion optimizer (focus on conversions - target CPA) and wait 30 days for things to get back to normal, switch to max CPA or switch to manual CPC?

Thank you so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Optimizer after resetting ad historical data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Zeke,

Welcome to Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you are using Conversion Optimizer and doing bulk changes in the campaigns will be highly impacted. Instead of adding all the ads and adding new landing page, you should had add new ads with new landing page, or use the keyword level destination URL would not impact in this much.

So Now keep them run for the some time, it will start decreasing CPA and incresing numbers of conversions, now AdWords system will adjust your campaigns with new landing page.
If you are using Conversion optimizer, i would suggest to read this article:-https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Determine-Bid-Strategy-Based-on-Your-Conversio...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Conversion Optimizer after resetting ad historical data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Rakesh.

Changing the destination URL at a keyword level wasn't an option given how the campaign is set up.

I guess I just need to wait for conversion optimizer to learn from the new ads. I'll do a considerable amount of manual optimization to speed this process up.

Any other advice that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!