AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Optimizer Set-Up: "Your campaign must also have only keywords."

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am studying the use of Conversion Optimizer and viewing a page in Google's AdWords Certification Exam Study Learning Center.

On the page I am viewing "Enabling Conversion Optimizer" I see this:

To begin using the Conversion Optimizer, you must have AdWords Conversion Tracking enabled, and your campaign must have received at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days.  Your campaign must also have only keywords. 

I'm struggling with the last idea: Your campaign must also have only keywords.  'Only keywords' as opposed to what? Keywords and placements?  I cannot figure it out. 

[Breadcrumbs:  Help articles › Exam Study Learning Center › 13.6 Optimizing for Greater Conversions › Using Conversion Optimizer with Conversion Tracking › Enabling Conversion Optimizer] 

Thanks folks, as always, Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Optimizer Set-Up: "Your campaign must also have only keywords."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

If you're studying for the exams, I would not worry too much about that specific detail, I would say it shouldn't be there myself.

The help center or the CO Page has the most up to date information on Conversion Optimizer and nowhere will you find that statement.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

If you're studying for the exams, I would not worry too much about that specific detail, I would say it shouldn't be there myself.

The help center or the CO Page has the most up to date information on Conversion Optimizer and nowhere will you find that statement.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To confirm what Tom just said, the Exam Learning Center is known to update their material later than the online help.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Tom.  That idea confused.  No more!