AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Optimizer - Multiple Conversion Tracking.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good Morning,

I am tracking multiple conversions like view of key pages etc and sale. I am wondering if i wish to use conversion optimizer for my "sale" conversion, what could be the way out.

Thanks,

Vivek

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Optimizer - Multiple Conversion Tracking.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Vivek.

The problem, when more conversions are defined, is that AdWords will register any of  them, and consider that it achieved its goal. And if some conversions mean more to you then others, you may see that you can have a campaign full of "view of key pages" conversions, and no sales.

So you'll have to either give up the less important conversions or to place a condition on your website, to only register certain conversions for certain campaigns (programming required).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi VivekS

How about using the AdWords conversion script for the sales part of your site only. And then you can consider implementing dynamic values for the conversion_value part of the AdWords script. Then you can see the ROI directly in the AdWords interface. From there you can consider using the conversion optimizer or at least test it.

For the tracking of other key pages on your site or sign up to newsletter and stuff like that I would set these achievements as "goals" in Analytics.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Conversion optimizer is a good option for your "sale" conversion which if I understand correctly isn't a lead but a definite purchase?

Unless you're getting 100 conversions a week, I'd recommend Enhanced CPC and see how this affects things. Conversion optimizer can lead to higher bounce rates - but the proof will be in how well your optimise for clicks model works when it uses your conversion data.

The good thing about Enhanced CPC is that it can be used for all your goals and won't have a huge affect on your cost.