Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Controlling the way our ads are displayed on Google Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Working with a client and we have noticed our ads are being displayed contrary to how adwords suggests they will be displayed and more importantly how we want them displayed.

We are aggressively advertising on certain words with sitelinks in number 1 position.

Our ads are shown like this.

Headline ad copy - www.ourwebsite.com.au  (note: this way really dilutes our message)

Line 1 & Line 2 ad copy.

Sitelink 1 & Sitelink 2

We want it to be shown like this:

Headline ad copy

Line 1 & Line 2 ad copy.

www.ourwebsite.com.au

Sitelink 1 & Sitelink 2

Or this:

Headline ad copy

Line 1 ad copy

Line 2 ad copy.

www.ourwebsite.com.au

Sitelink 1 & Sitelink 2

Any suggestions or how to fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Controlling the way our ads are displayed on Google Search

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jayson R,

Welcome to the community

I don't think there is any such way to fix it.Google by default shows ads in this format.

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Shuva, there are other advertisers showing the ads in the format we want. If it is default format, I would like to understand how to change.
Thanks Jayson
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jayson R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is a very nice question, I was asked when the first version of this format introduced...(almost 2 years now...)

As Shuva said once the once the system decide that your ad is eligible for this format your cannot revert. Also note that the www is omitted from the URL

However, keep in mind that Google would have not implemented this format unless had been sure that it was a better performing one for advertisers. Google runs "tons of statistic analysis and tests", before implementing / launching new ad changes.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’