AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Controlling budget by location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

We've just expanded our reach to include London. My concern is that London will eat up too much of our budget, too quickly. We need to ensure the previous areas are still getting the leads they currently are. We have increased our budget by 30% to cover London, but I have a feeling London could easily eat the entire budget if given the chance.

The 2 methods I have in mind: 1. Excluding London once it has eaten the daily budget we have given it. 2. Having a London only campaign.

If I opt to build a new campaign, am I essentially starting over with QS on hundreds of keywords? Or will Google take my account performance for these keywords in to account? I've achieved an almost perfect QS, so if this would be like starting over, we will be paying a lot more for clicks, which are already going to be more expensive being in London. 

Thoughts? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Controlling budget by location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

IMO, you should be starting with a separate campaign targeting London. Reason being as you already said that it might get costlier to advertise London as area, then if the campaign is separate, you can easily take the business decision to pause it or keep it running.

Also doing this wouldn't actually be affecting the old campaign with old locations. 

The QS of the new campaign keywords will be based on how well that campaign actually performs in term of different metrics.

Does that help?

Pankaj