Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Competing campaigns in same account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I clone my display campaign in the same account, exactly the same as the new one, am I going to compete with myself? I read that I can enter a bid with just one ad from account?

Do you think it is a good idea to have two campaigns, one to be with lower bids and the other with higher, so I will be competing on two levels?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lyubomir T
September 2015

Re: Competing campaigns in same account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I understood correctly you want to replicate your Display Campaign and want to run exactly identical 2 display campaigns.

My perspective here would be that you might run two display campaigns, but try to use different methodologies in between them. Like for example: you might run one text ads campaign and another display ads campaign.

Try Remarketing as well if that fits your business which is another advanced technique used in Display Campaign.

Replicating two similar campaigns one with lower bids and another with some higher bids is not advisable as far as my understanding goes.

Read more about Optimizing Display campaigns here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Pankaj 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi LyuBomir,

I would suggest you not to take this approach as running two identical Display/Search campaigns in the same account with just different bidding strategies will only end make them compete against each other.

In most of the cases, the campaign with the higher bids is going to be winning all the auctions and the lower bids campaign will not receive as many impressions as it should have.

Also, since you will essentially be competing against each other when you take this approach, it will only lead to increase in your CPC's and eventually the over all cost incurred by the account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would suggest instead of starting a different campaign, to separate banners by ad-groups, and to bid higher on "bigger" banners (which "occupy" a few ad slots)  bid lower on small banners, an the lowest on text ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I understood correctly you want to replicate your Display Campaign and want to run exactly identical 2 display campaigns.

My perspective here would be that you might run two display campaigns, but try to use different methodologies in between them. Like for example: you might run one text ads campaign and another display ads campaign.

Try Remarketing as well if that fits your business which is another advanced technique used in Display Campaign.

Replicating two similar campaigns one with lower bids and another with some higher bids is not advisable as far as my understanding goes.

Read more about Optimizing Display campaigns here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Pankaj 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi LyuBomir,

I would suggest you not to take this approach as running two identical Display/Search campaigns in the same account with just different bidding strategies will only end make them compete against each other.

In most of the cases, the campaign with the higher bids is going to be winning all the auctions and the lower bids campaign will not receive as many impressions as it should have.

Also, since you will essentially be competing against each other when you take this approach, it will only lead to increase in your CPC's and eventually the over all cost incurred by the account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would suggest instead of starting a different campaign, to separate banners by ad-groups, and to bid higher on "bigger" banners (which "occupy" a few ad slots)  bid lower on small banners, an the lowest on text ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’