AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Combining AdWords from multiple divisions into one account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company is merging multiple divisions into one website over the coming years. What can we do about multiple AdWords accounts with divisions now that may need combined later on?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Combining AdWords from multiple divisions into one account?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
One website domain should be used to serve only one AdWords account. There can be exceptions--like when a franchise organization uses a dozen different accounts that are targeted to different geographic areas. The key is not to try to serve the same search terms (or sell the "same inventory") in different accounts.

If, for example, your company's different divisions are around different products--shoes, bicycles, candy bars, you could use different Adwords accounts for each product. (It would be better to use one account and have different campaigns for the different products, but in this case, the separate accounts wouldn't necessarily be breaking the rules.)

Aside from that, I'm afraid I'd need to ask you to be a bit more specific around what the different AdWords accounts are advertising in order to offer any really specific advice.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Combining AdWords from multiple divisions into one account?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Does the website you are merging everything into already have an AdWords account? If so, then just create a new campaign for each division within that account when you merge the sites. If each division is going to have the same URL (top/head domain, whatever you call it), then all your account level stuff (like linked accounts) will be setup already.

Don't worry about something like an account level quality score which may or may not exist - If you do, you'll always be hampered or paralyzed by the fear of "what if". It's better to create an account/structure/strategy that you can actually comprehend and optimize than have dozens of different accounts that you have to spend all your time keeping track of. What did I do here, is it the same as it is there, if not why, where did i keep track of that, are my notes consistent, if not, why is that.... UGH.

Not to mention billing for each account - If each division isn't paying for each account (anymore?), then consolidating the billing alone has got to save time and money just dealing with the finances.
Tom