2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anybody know what happens when you activate DCO in a campaign with remarketing targeting?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alexandre,

You should read this helpful article from Rakesh on the forum:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Adwords-Advance-Feature-DCO/ba-p/219965

I wouldn't DCOit with a RM campaign TBH - I think it's more appropriate for placement / topic / contextually targeted campaigns which have lots of data from past activity and just need to be put on autopilot for refinement. I see RM as something which requires manaual control a lot more than any other aspect of AdWords because your'e speaking to people on a totally different level. That's just a personal opinion of course.

Good luck
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jack and thank you for your answer.

I personally activate DCO with target CPA when my KCT campaigns have historical data to increase the number of conversions.

For remarketing campaigns, I only use remarketing lists and not DCO with max. CPC.

If I'm asking, it's because it's technically possible to combine remarketing with DCO and I know someone who got good results with this targeting method. I believe, there are two main hypothesis :
1/ The campaign continues to target people from the remarketing list but also target people with the DCO algorithm
2/ The campaign uses data from the remarketing past conversions to target people but stop to use the remarketing list to target people