AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anybody know what happens when you activate DCO in a campaign with remarketing targeting?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Alexandre,

You should read this helpful article from Rakesh on the forum:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Adwords-Advance-Feature-DCO/ba-p/219965

I wouldn't DCOit with a RM campaign TBH - I think it's more appropriate for placement / topic / contextually targeted campaigns which have lots of data from past activity and just need to be put on autopilot for refinement. I see RM as something which requires manaual control a lot more than any other aspect of AdWords because your'e speaking to people on a totally different level. That's just a personal opinion of course.

Good luck
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Combine remarketing targeting with DCO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jack and thank you for your answer.

I personally activate DCO with target CPA when my KCT campaigns have historical data to increase the number of conversions.

For remarketing campaigns, I only use remarketing lists and not DCO with max. CPC.

If I'm asking, it's because it's technically possible to combine remarketing with DCO and I know someone who got good results with this targeting method. I believe, there are two main hypothesis :
1/ The campaign continues to target people from the remarketing list but also target people with the DCO algorithm
2/ The campaign uses data from the remarketing past conversions to target people but stop to use the remarketing list to target people

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In adwords whatever they mentioned in google  i followed instuctions but it was showing "Not enough activity to create an auction insights report. Change the date range or adjust your selection"

i dont know where it is chane the date.i changed in right side but no response.

could you people help me for this problem.i

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2014.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.