AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Close a Brand but not the landing page... HELP

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, i'm closing a brand for using adwords but unfortunately it does not come with approval to create landing pages.

i need to point the landing page to commerce site that offer their products. This is really a challanging campaign. 

1. Remarketing. I'm thinking to still buy a domain, put some redirect script , after i put remarketing tag on it... but i'm afraid it will be counted as doorpages 

2. Maintaining quality score

3. Conversion tracking

So any of you have similiar experiement ? any idea on how i can remarketing (or how to improve my idea no. 1) ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The targeted KW's don't have any direct correlation with the landing page/domain. Use whatever targeting you want, and land the ads on the site you are advertising.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Viktor,

Is your plan to use affiliate links to send searchers to a merchant site that is not yours?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

well its not actually an affiliate link.. but it direct to merchant site... i'm representing the brand..

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

So, if you link direct to the merchant, you are unable to track the success of your campaign.

And if you make a landing page of your own, it could be seen as a doorway page by AdWords.

In this situation, you ask the client for access to Analytics, or you put your conversion tracking on their thank you / successful purchase pages, or the client builds you a landing page on their site, or you build a landing page and gather leads for them... or you tell them their ads can't be tracked.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"Not, actually an affiliate..." Or, in no way, shape, or form, is, or could possibly be interpreted as an affiliate?

I've "closed" many brands in my time. What's really going on here?

Tom