AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Close Variants containing numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me if "3 season sunroom" will be matched as a close variant to "three season sunroom", or do I need to create separate keywords for them?

Re: Close Variants containing numbers

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
John C,

If you look at the keyword planner tool, their are different search volumes as well as CPC for different variations on 3 vs three. I would advise breaking each one into it's own Ad group so you have unique add copy in the headline with the keyword, and also allows you to text the QS / CTR/CPC's. That way you have optimized the best way and performance will determine which set is most valuable.

( in each group you could even take it a step further and negative out the 3 or Three respectively to find true impression value for the groups)

But to answer you specif question at hand I would say that " 3" and "three" in a broad math setting would be considered close variants and trigger your ads for either instance of the 3 vs three keyword query.

Re: Close Variants containing numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Eric-

You gave me the answer I was hoping for. Thanks!

John