AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks but no keywords used

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How come my AdWords account is saying that I have clicks so I go to see which keywords and it shows 0 next to every key word. Then I go check what search terms were being used and it says "Not enough data to show particular queries." -- I am doing a basic campaign, no display networks, no call ads. What am I doing wrong? -- Our keywords are set as "exact match"

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lauren

The data can be delayed a few days so first of all, make sure your time frames are set wide enough. 
Wait a few days and see if the data comes through. 

As you posted this yesterday, perhaps you're seeing some data now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Lauren

Great to know your problem! You know why? Because I have found the same issue a few days back..

Just wait for alteast a few days that you get more clicks and you will see every data soon!

Please share your experience Smiley Happy
All the best

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lauren S,

Also, cross check if the campaign type is not the search network with display select and the data might be coming from the display network.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't want the time frame to be wide because I had changed settings so I wanted to see my data since I changed the settings. It's been about a week and a half and still no data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's been about a week and a half and still no data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have it set to search network only. Still no data.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lauren, 

Are you only targeting keywords? 

For example, if one of your ads includes targeting by demographic or different audiences within this campaigns it won't report out keyword llevel metrics because the ad wasn't necessarily a result of a search. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704368?hl=en

-Julia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Then where are they coming from? I am targeting the area of Texas in which we want our ads to run because we only service those areas.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Google matches sites to a person’s search using information like text on the page and links to that page

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616017