3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks Vs Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is it good to set maximise clicks instead of maximising conversions?

I have a software website. I want more downloads. So inserted conversion code. 

If i use maximising clicks in Ad Rotation, is that helpful for me to get more conversions?

or if i use my Ad Rotation to get more conversions, should i Optimize to Conversions? 

Please help me out.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devi P
May

Clicks Vs Conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Start with clicks until you have enough conversions, say more than 10. Then optimise for conversions. 

If you optimise for conversions from the beginning, Google often will show bias to towards early results, jumping the gun a bit.

Clicks Vs Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I optimized my campaign for clicks, result is zero conversions and even less clicks compared to the previous campaign when it was optimized for conversions.

If i optimize my campaign for clicks, i found that google will earn more and i'll get nothing in return. 

Clicks Vs Conversions

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Then optimise for conversions. If you are using the same landing page, then there must be something about one ad that gets a higher CTR, but doesn't convert. 

You often see this with an expensive product, where an ad that mentions the price gets way less clicks, but those who do click are more likely to purchase.

Nothing is black and white with AdWords. Always test, and go with what works for you.