Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks ,Impressions both drop suddenly from last 3 months

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am experiencing a huge problem in terms of clicks & impressions from the last 3 months....its a sudden fall which has happened....before august it was performing very gud but suddenly from august last it has dropped a lot....i am not getting even 10% of what i used to get earlier....as such no changes were done into the account but still clicks & impressions has dropped a lot.

My website is all about entertainment it has nothing to do with the seasons.....Help me out folks....thanks 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Clicks ,Impressions both drop suddenly from last 3 months

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mobi Y,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

90% drop without any changes looks bizare. Could you check your change history to ensure there weren't any changes?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes i have gone through the changes very thoroughly.....no major changes have been done but still it has dropped a lot....bids have been increased a lot.....

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Mobi Y,

Well, that explains it. If your budget hasn't changed and bids have gone up, clicks are bound to decrease. If it was an automatic change, it could mostly be bid strategy or an automated rule that increased bids. Could you let us know if it was a manual change or system initiated, by looking at the change history? We can work on changing it back to normal, based on what changed the bids.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Nothing was done manually.....biding strategy was been done manually.....i spoke to the adword team regarding this issue they told me that your adrank has become low so as to improve it you have to work upon your ads and keyword quality....accordingly i did these changes bt still the situation is same

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

hmm.. That's right. But I don't think ad rank can drop so much (without any changes) that bids shoot up drastically. What's the username you see in the change history? Could you check your campaign settings page and let us know what's the bidding method you're using? Also, please navigate to Bulk Operations(in the left margin) > Automated Rules and check if there are any rules? Navigate to the ad groups tab, add the 'Bid Strategy' column to see if there are any bid strategies responsible for the increase.

Let us know what you see, so we can troubleshoot from there.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sir as such there is nothing wrong in those things which you told me.....i have gone through almost everything but yet the situation is same.....yes CTR has improved a little bit

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Mobi Y,

If there are no automated changes to bids, it should be that your rank has reduced and bids have increased. Though I'm not sure about the bidding method yet, I'd suggest optimizing the campaign to get a good quality score, so bids fall to a decent amount. It requires account specific information to give suggestions around optimization.

You'll have to ensure your campaign structure is good firstly. I'd suggest one ad group per product/service you're advertising. Then relevant ads and keywords within each ad group. Use match types to restrict ads to more relevant audience. Write compelling ads, with inter capitalization, a clear call to action, one or two keywords within the ad text and choose the most appropriate landing page for ads. For Eg: a keyword about specific mobile phone should lead to a page that describes that very product, rather than a page that has all mobile phones. Use call outssitelinks and other relevant extensions. Go through the search terms report to identify irrelevant traffic and add them as negative keywords. If you're comfortable bidding manually, you can do so, but ensure you're bidding the right amount, by adding the Est. First & Top page bid columns. Run the campaign for a week to see what effect these changes have, and do monitor it on a daily basis.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are some rumors that adwords becomes little bit strict during the end of every year....is it so?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
That's surprising, as I haven't heard anything like that. I'd say it is just a rumor, as I don't see any such effects on campaigns I manage.
Sumanth Sridhar