AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Click to Call on ads without a Call Extension?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone!

I'm having an issue with figuring out a mystery click to call button.

I've got 3 stores I'm running their own location branded keywords, and a general brand campaign. Eg:

Brand Name Campaign

Store Name 1 South Campaign

Store Name 2 North Campaign

Store Name 3 East Campaign

Each location has it's own Call Extension with it's number. Check!

Because we don't have a central number to filter general calls to the appropriate store, I haven't associated a Call extension for the Brand Name Campaign.

The thing is I have a Click to Call icon on that general Brand Name Campaign... I mean this is great, but I didn't set it up and I can't seem to find any tracking on clicks or calls. Is this based on my location closest to the nearest set location WITH a click to call? A little confused!

Thanks!

sample.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

It is a new feature since January 2017, and can even happen when you have a call extension active that is a different number.

Google has expanded exposure for ads that include location extensions over the past year, including showing ads in Maps and in Local Finder results. As of January 19, 2017,  Google says it “may” show the local retail phone number when that store’s location extension shows in an ad even if a call extension in the campaign uses a different phone number in order to increase the relevance of ads that feature specific business locations.
http://searchengineland.com/google-adwords-click-to-call-location-extensions-change-267184

The article also mentions how you could opt out if you wish.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Rob is correct on that, when no number is available Google might show the number submitted through Google my Business. Set the number in GMB to match the number  shown when call extension is not shown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’