AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Choose a conversion for the Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I can imagine that this is not a new question but I actually don't find a solution. 

We measure 3 different conversions (step 1, step 2 et step 3) in Adwords (for a Google Display campaign). Actually I'm looking to use the conversion optimizer for the bid strategy.

BUT. I don't want to use all the steps as CPA optimizer. I want to use only the step 3 as conversions for the CPA bids. 

Is this possible ? 

Thanks a lot

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Choose a conversion for the Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Conversion tracking is an account level property which when you implement in your account, you get statistics according to that at the core keyword level if you want.

CPA model works on the basis of the historic conversion data of your account (and this historic data will comprise of all the conversion actions which you have been measuring till date).

What you can do is that try to set the recommended CPA based on your Conversion step 3 as you mentioned, so that the results are more inclined towards that action.

Then you can run the Conversion Category and Conversion name type report from the Dimensions Tab to see how the distribution goes for your different conversions types.

Pankaj

Re: Choose a conversion for the Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj1782

It's really clear but why is this not a feature in Adwords ? It could be useful to optimize specific campaigns only for a particular conversion...

Tx