2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Chinese Language Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I am looking to create a campaign for a construction company with a goal of targeting chinese-speakers in their service area. If the campaign were to have the target lanuage as chinese, would keywords have to be in chinese as well? They are equipped with Chinese landing pages and ads, too. And if english keywords were to be included, would that compete with other campaigns or would that be dependant on the target language? Any advice and answers are welcomed, thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Chinese Language Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

You could have an English campaign targeting Chinese speakers, in other words, users who speak both languages. However the keywords, ad-copies and landing page should be all in the same language. (You would not direct who clicked on an ad in English to a landing page in Chinese - would you?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Chinese Language Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am trying to do the same.
No one at Google I have spoke to seems to know.
They have given me 2 phone #'s which are not in service. I understand that they do not have a chinese Mandarin or Cantonese speaking person available. *** Scratches his head ***If you find out any more info., could you please let me know?

Thank you,

Robert