AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Charged for 2 clicks within a minute for same keyword and user??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tracked my clicks via statcounter.  Seems I am being charged multiple times for the same user?  One of keywords it shows within 30 seconds I was charged for this same keyword looks like he went back on browser?  Charged 3 times for the same ip address within a couple of minutes???  Cost $14.00 for 3 different ip addresses?  One charged 3 times andone 2 times???

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Charged for 2 clicks within a minute for same keyword and user??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Wigzues,

Welcome to the Community!

Here are a couple of resources for you, unfortunately, none of us can help you with your invalid click claims.

Invalid Clicks

How does Google detect invalid clicks?

Invalid clicks troubleshooter

You can also contact AdWords Support for further assistance as needed.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Just to add to PPCBossmans comments,

There are valid reason for multiple charges from the same user in a short period of time.

Comparison shoppers will take a look at a few sites and if they decide to re-visit your site, you will be charged again.

Google needs to protect advertisers against invalid clicks because if advertisers don't get a ROI they will stop advertising. This is a top priority for Google and they have many systems in place to detect invalid clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't see how this can be anything but outright fraud and they must be making BILLIONS off this!!  I tried Adwords in the past and contacted support.  They tried to tell me what I saw in front of my face wasn't true.  Something has to be done, these big corporations in some cases are fleecing America.  Here is the proof.

Paid
31 Jul16:22:01

31 Jul16:22:10

Paid
31 Jul16:22:28

I have deleted my website information, but only 9 SECONDS APART I am charged for the same user, same keywords (phrase) and the same exact page!  $5.00 total!!  On another user it was nearly $8.00, all within just a few minutes.  And they were not looking at other sites because it is clear to see by the times that they were looking at my site the whole time.

Why in the world would someone be charged (EVER!!) more than once per ip address??

I can't believe that this is still going on, and really makes me disgusted that we can be absolutely ripped off like this!!!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

While I can't speak to your specific situation, I did want to remind everyone that there are some very large service providers in the country, like AOL and their millions of subscribers, who use only a handful of ISP addresses across many, many people. 

That is, the reappearance of a single IP address does not necessarily mean it was the same person making the search.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seriously?  Like I said this is a total joke.  I can see exactly what is going on.  Today I ran the campaign for a little while.  Later it said 7 clicks.  There were only 4 Google clicks and they only clicked once!!!  Like I said I tried this a couple of years ago and got condescending BS answers!!  This is a monumental rip-off period!!  I'm done getting scammed!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is beyond idiotic that anyone would ever be charged once that ip address had clicked the ad.  And as well documented in the case I show, it was the same guy a few seconds apart.  Talk about the king of monumental scams, this is it.  I have tried adwords before and same old scam.  People are getting hosed right and left.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Can you verify if the GCLIDs are the same? If so, then you were only charged once. This is a good reason why just tracking IP addresses and time stamps are not enough to determine if a click is invalid. 

To get a better understanding of the ad traffic coming to your website, please visit: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/better-understand-your-ad-traffic.html

In addition, there are valid reasons to receive multiple clicks from the same IPs (for example, when an user is comparison shopping and sees your ad multiple times). Google spends a lot of effort on protection of advertisers (see also http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html). If you are still concerned, please escalate this through your AdWords representative.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi wigzues!

Im having the same problem as you, I know it has been a long time since you wrote this but I was wondering if you find any solution.

Thanks