AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Changing the 'Total Conversion Value' input in a signup form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've set up conversion value tracking in Adwords successfully - and the total conversion value is recording well. We are recording a numerical number that is input by a prospect during signup.

We're looking at making this field a nominal value bracket (10,000 - 50,000 for example), so the user selects which numerical band most reflects their application - how will this affect the total conversion value reporting? Should we set the median of that numerical band as the value? If so how would we do this? 

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing the 'Total Conversion Value' input in a signup form.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

This is kind of tricky.

• Conversion value can only be numeric so you have to go ahead with the mean value of the band.
  • But the challenge is you will then have to dived the total value by conversions to know actual signups for the band
  • I think better way of tracking this kind of data is via analytics ecommerce tracking
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jennifer H,

Are you using the AdWords conversion tracking code. Sounds like you are. When the prospect inputs the number, replace the value of google_conversion_value with the input number on the page that carries the conversion code.

If you are using goals as conversions, a median average value is about the best you can do.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answers - looking it what you've suggested.