Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Changing information on Google's Knowledge Graph results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I work for a known public figure and I noticed that when searching for his name on Google the Google Knowledge Graph results (the "fact box" on the right) shows information that is taken from unofficial sources and shows low quality images.

How can I get Google to change the details in the Knowledge Graph results?

I feel it might be hurting our CTR as people see unwanted information before choosing to enter our site.

Thanks in advance,

N.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing information on Google's Knowledge Graph results

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

As far as I know, the information on the Knowledge Graph is generated automatically.

Go back and search the results page, at the bottom of the page. Google offers "send feedback" link that allows you to bring incorrect information to their attention.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Theresa,
thank you for the reply!

However, the information they are showing is not incorrect, just badly summarised and features low quality images. Do you maybe know if there's a team I can contact to help with this issue?

I found all sorts of Google contacts but none of them seem to be related to the Knowledge Graph.

Thanks again,
N.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well Google's Knowledge Graph is tied into structured data, so one thing that you can do is mark up your employer's information and images with as much structured data as possible, then use the "fetch" tool in Webmaster Tools to push the new information to Google.  And then I might also tweak the current content out there just so that Google sees that it has been updated.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nadav find out where the SOURCE is of the summarized information. It may even be from multiple sources. Look for it on Wikipedia.org and Freebase.com, specifically. However, it could come from any trusted source of data, including your clients' own site or local business listings. Anyone is free to update a listing on Wikipedia or Freebase. Just don't try to make it promotional or keyword/link stuffed. Provide the accurate information you seek to provide and leave it at that. Good luck!