3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Changing bulk bids in managed placement not working

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a number of managed placements in an ad group which is display only campaign.

I select all managed placements to set a common bid (different from current one). Now, I click upon edit.

a.) It gives me flexibility to change the bid for first one and copy that bid to all rows. This is nice.

Problem is when I save it, the changes are ignored. 

Only way is if I make these changes one by one.

Is it a bug?

b.) I couldn't locate the Bulk Edit like in search campaigns. Is it not supported? Is it going to be supported in future?

Warm Regards
Byomkesh Kumar (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82153512)

Re: Changing bulk bids in managed placement not working

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi byomkesh

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you having trouble saving your changes to the bulk bids. I wasn't able to match your issue with other issue that were reported to us. Could you please let me know if this issue is still going on? Can you replicate it? 

Best,

Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Zee,

Problem is still there.

I am able to replicate it.

Warm Regards
Byomkesh Kumar (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82153512)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had the same issue. It took a while to even figure out what was happening: often the error message appears "below the fold" so it looks like nothing at all has happened. (When you click submit and nothing seems to happen, scroll down and you'll probably see a red error message.)

The issue seems to be that the AdWords Interface and/or Google's database are slowing down, and cannot handle a large number of changes submitted together. Thus, if I try to edit bids for 50 rows at once, AdWords may reject them; if I reduce to edit just 20 at a time, it might work; but eventually it rejects even 10 at a time. My solution has been to clear the browser history & restart Chrome, and things seem better for a little while, but then everything slows down again.  

In general, it seems as if any editing within the "Display Network" tab is significantly slower than other tabs, probably more interaction with more database tables or something, or maybe it's trying to process too much within the local browser.