Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Domain + Brand. Best way to avoid loss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So here's the situation.

I'm moving from one domain say xyz to a new domain example.com. Apart from this, I'm also changing the brand terms. Doing so, I'll definitely lose the historical performance and the QS. 

I understand the consequences and the impact on QS or is there any work around to retain the QS and historical performance data ? I assume there's no way to retain which brings me to my question. 

1. Should I edit and modify the current content in my AdWords account ?
(Keywords, Ad (display + destination URLs), extensions, bids)

Or 

2. Should I cancel the AdWords account and start fresh one to avoid wasting time on editing the current structure ?

Or

3. Should I simply delete the existing campaign in the account and create a new one ?

Thanks! 

I've already referred : https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Changing-URLs-in-PPC-account-when-moving-a...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing Domain + Brand. Best way to avoid loss

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ahmed,

IMHO, if the business is same, inspite of changing the domain and Brand, then you shouldn't be cancelling the current AdWords account. That's because there would be other keywords as well in your current account which might be generic and related to your business, which you would be using with your new domain.

Editing anything related to ad copy is more or less like creating a fresh new ad copy. So it's better to keep them in paused state.

Create new campaigns with ad copies and destination URL targeting new domain. And as Pete rightly pointed in the thread you have referred, it's a good practice to put permanent redirection to the old domain which you are not going to use any more.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj