4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Change in Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  I have an issue with my account. And it is that a week ago I changed my Ad Delivery Setting from Optimize for Clicks to Rotate Evenly. After that change I see a drop of on the Quality Score on my keywords. For example I have keywords that original have a QS of 6 and now they have a QS of 2.. I didnt change anything. I have the same ads, kewords, landings. I was wondering if that is due to the ad delivery setting.. And if that is the case should I try to increase my QS under Rotate Evenly Setting?.. If I set the setting back to Optimize for clicks should I see an increase in my QS?

Thank You

Vivian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change in Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vivian A;

Once you add a new keyword the default QS granted is 6.

Once your campaign starts  to accumulate impressions (or not) the default QS -  initially granted  - is changed to a QS based on your own campaign's performance.

If your keyword has a low QS - most likely the CTR is relative low. (CTR is the predominant component  in QS calculation.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But I see an increase of my CTR since the change...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

See my other reply to a similar question  of yours about how CTR for QS is calculated.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Low-Quality-Score/m-p/463496#M32750

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’