AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Change in Avg Pos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In my campaign Avg pos was showing from 2 to 2.5. I made some changes in my landing page and also changed the URL. After all these changes my Avg Pos is showing from 7 to 10. Can anyone help me to understand why there is sudden decrease in the position?

Thanks in Advance,

Manju

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change in Avg Pos

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Manjunath,

By changing your URL you actually deleted the original version of your ad and create a new ad.

The quality score of your old ad is lost and your new ad will take time to build its performance history and quality score.

Once your new ads builds a good quality score it may reach the initial ad positions.

You can try to improve your ad position by increasing your bids.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?hl=en

Read under 'Keep in mind' at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Manjunath,

Yes, your see sudden drop in avg. position because of your existing ads were deleted at the time of changing destination url . Your current ads are new, so it take some time to build good avg. position.

Please note that, if you have change anything in your existing ads then that ads is deleted and created newly. Better way is you need to paused that ads and create new ads separately.

Next time Remember that -
1) doesn't made any changes in your active ads if you do that then your ads were deleted. Also loose your avg. position.
2) Deleted ads are not giving a change to Enabled them.

Current problem solutions is increasing your current bid. Which is help to bring avg. position.

Regards,
Tushar R

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Manjunath, further to answers you've already received, it's also possible that your changed URL landing page is no longer as relevant to the Ads or has otherwise adversely affected your landing page experience.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits