Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Change Def. Max CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello!

I have some campaigns with a warning "limited by budget". An in some of them, in the tab Opportunities, Google suggest to lower my Average CPC bids from x to y. But most of the times, Google doesn't show me anything in the opportunitis tab.
How do I know when and how to lower my bids (Average Max CPC) so I could improve my campaing in terms of "limited by budget".

And what are the procedures that should I follow to resolve this issue, besides trying to loewr the Avg Max CPC?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Change Def. Max CPC

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @João M,

To cope up with this situation, there are various strategies that you can implement:

• Ad scheduling(during most profitable days of week, hours of the day)
  • Using bid adjustments(device, location, ad scheduling)
  • Pausing the budget consuming keywords or changing their match types
  • Adding the most converted user queries as your keywords in a more strict keyword match type.
  • You can try various automated bidding strategy(target search page location, Target CPA and more)
  • Using the shared budget with another campaigns
  • Weeding out the irrelevant search queries from search term report, using them as negative keywords.

If you are lowering your CPC bids, make sure that you do not loose the average position by a large number.

Note: This limited by budget status is not real time and may take few hours to get updated.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Change Def. Max CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Archit

thanks, but what about this question: How do I know when and how to lower my bids (Average Max CPC), indepently if I have limited budget campaigns or not. 

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
March

Change Def. Max CPC

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi,

That is the challenging task.

You need to try different position for you ads by varying your bids slightly and go with the best one where you get the maximum conversions and ROI.

Check historical data and lower the bids of those keywords which were at top positions but generated conversions at High CPL/CPA. Use device, location and other bid adjustments.

So, you need to analyse at most granular level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’