AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Challenge ahead- need suggestions! Quality Score and Bids

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello everyone!

I need to optimize my campaigns because the results are not very good.

What I need to do is:

- Improve my quality score for some of my keywords that drive most of the traffic

- increase the number of impressions.

- decrease the cost per click

Comparing these metrics with the previous period, at the moment I am spending more money overall and on single clicks everyday, I get a lower number of impressions, lower means that it has been, usually around 10,000 a day and now is around 3,000.

However my CTR is quite good even though conversions are low and I need to improve that as well.

I really need help, I need to get this campaigns going and get results.

Many thanks

Oscar

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Challenge ahead- need suggestions! Quality Score and Bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Oscar,

In order to improve the Quality Score of your keywords for search network, first and foremost metric to look upon will be the CTR. If you happen to maintain an excellent CTR over a period of time, you might see an uplift in terms of Quality Score gradually. This is not going to happen overnight but slowly.

Another important aspect is the bid. I hope you are bidding competitive enough to sustain the advertising competition. If your bids are too low initially, you might consider increasing them.

There's an excellent post by Googler Tanmay on Quality Score. I would encourage you to read that long thread and grasp the knowledge as much as you can.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...

Once your Quality Score improves, your Ad Rank (Ad Rank= Quality Score X Bid) will automatically improve and you will have to pay less to retain good ad position.

Also look at the daily budget of your campaigns and make sure you are not losing your impressions during the time you require your budget the most. Review the hour of the day report from the Dimensions Tab and you will get an idea of whether you need to increase the budget as well or not.

Additionally, look at the Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Lost IS (budget) metrics for your campaigns. You might have to customize the columns to include them. If you see high percentage here, that means that you will have to improve the ad rank and increase budget respectively to improve your Search Impression Share.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Oscar,

In order to improve the Quality Score of your keywords for search network, first and foremost metric to look upon will be the CTR. If you happen to maintain an excellent CTR over a period of time, you might see an uplift in terms of Quality Score gradually. This is not going to happen overnight but slowly.

Another important aspect is the bid. I hope you are bidding competitive enough to sustain the advertising competition. If your bids are too low initially, you might consider increasing them.

There's an excellent post by Googler Tanmay on Quality Score. I would encourage you to read that long thread and grasp the knowledge as much as you can.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/td-...

Once your Quality Score improves, your Ad Rank (Ad Rank= Quality Score X Bid) will automatically improve and you will have to pay less to retain good ad position.

Also look at the daily budget of your campaigns and make sure you are not losing your impressions during the time you require your budget the most. Review the hour of the day report from the Dimensions Tab and you will get an idea of whether you need to increase the budget as well or not.

Additionally, look at the Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Lost IS (budget) metrics for your campaigns. You might have to customize the columns to include them. If you see high percentage here, that means that you will have to improve the ad rank and increase budget respectively to improve your Search Impression Share.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

I had a look at the Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Lost IS (budget) metrics for my campaigns and they are quite high and I need to lower them.

Also I need to have a look at the bidding strategy and see how I can optimized it in order not to spend to much on clicks.

Can you reccomend me any source to look at about bidding strategies?

Thanks

Oscar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Oscar,

This reference should keep you going : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471184?hl=en

Make sure that on top of Quality Score of the keywords, you are also measuring your ROI. Review the search terms and work strategically to identify the converting terms and include them as keywords in your campaigns. 

Also, if you have Google Analytics installed, you might check the organic traffic and include the terms which are giving you conversions over there to push more leads/sales in terms of Adwords also.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, I took over 2 weeks ago and by checking the previous period I noticed that there aren't many conversions, and given the nature of the industry I am not surprised.

The account is big and it is set up quite well, but there are just few keywords generatin clicks, and converting.

I think most of the sales happen via phone because most people visit the contact page of the site so, I am aiming to set the account in a way that generate clicks without costing a fortune, so it improve awareness and focus on improving CTR, impressions and conversions along with quality score