1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Capitalizing On High Performing Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a highly efficent campaign currently running; cost per conversion is averaging $100 less than goal, CTR of 3.69% abd a conversion rate of 6.18%. It isn't coming close to its daily budget. I am looking for suggestions to capitalize on it's performace to generate more conversions without messing up what's already in place. I have considered moving it over to conversion optimizer but wasn't sure if that was the best move. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Capitalizing On High Performing Campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey pmMedia

The first thing I would suggest you to do is to upload another campaign - targeting Remarketing

This  way you can reach the other 76.31% that didn't convert in a very cheap and effective way Smiley Wink

Good Luck,

Asaf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a remarketing campaign in place that is doing well also, there is room for optimization there, I believe, because the cost can sometimes be high; however my main desire is to boost conversions right now. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you tried to turn on the "conversion optimizer" ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi pmMedia,

If your daily budget is not exhausting completely and you want to generate more conversion so you can follow below steps.

1 Either you can increase your daily budget means that if you having $1000 daily budget and you exhausting rate is 80% so you should increase your budget to $1250 so than you will reach at your daily budget of $1000 with same extausting rate of 80%.

2. Or you can change your delivery method to Accelerated do your ads will show as quickly as possible and your daily budget will exhaust completely.

Hope this Help !!

Regards

-Vicky

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi pmMedia,

My suggestion is

1. To identify the top converting products from the campaign, Create a saperate campaign for those products which you are not advertising. 
  2. Change the Delivery method (advanced) from Standard to Advanced for the top converting campaign. This will ensure that you will not miss any impressions.
  3. Add variations of the converting keywords.
  4. Add Search Terms

Hope this helps

Raghu

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello pmMedia,;

Switching to CPA may be sometimes tricky; and can cause  more damage than benefit, if not set properly. We had yesterday a discussion that covered many aspects of switching from CTR to CPA bidding. I would recommend on reading:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hadn't considered moving to advanced delivery method... probably our best bet. I will check out that discussion as well... Thank you all!

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Accelerated delivery would be #1 in my book as well!

Almost any other changes would seem to add variables which may affect the performance of the campaign. Ok, even accelerated may change the performance as well, but you have to try something to accomplish your goal of expansion. Smiley Happy

What about location targeting? Can you expand your targeted area, or do you have geographic limitations? 

If not, before you added more locations you could try expanding your advanced targeting options to be less exclusive. ex. "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location".

Networks and devices - Perhaps don't go so far as to add the display network, but all search networks and all devices could help expand the reach of the campaign.

There is always the bid / pos. impression share side of things. Since the costs are so low, and the conversion rate so high, a few more conversions even at a slightly higher cost/conv. could generate some more profitable conversions.

Maybe make sure you are set to all hours/days, and not losing a sale or two in the wee hours of the day. You could also include plurals, misspellings, & close varients.

I have found some success with CPA bidding and optimize for conversions ad rotation settings, but as Moshe said, it takes a little different way of thinking about, and perhaps structuring your account for those options to be most effective. I like those options for high competition / tight margin campaigns, but rarely will I use that approach for a top of the pyramid, 100% impression share campaign. The potential danger (if you will) is that the automated tools may not show an ad to someone who is deemed "less likely" to convert.

Of course, the instant that performance suffers because of loosening of options in an attempt to expand, then it's probably time to reign things back in a bit. Always be willing to try some new ads, even the slightest variation in an existing ad can improve CTR slighlty, and at the same conversion rate, there's more conversions and profit. I am reluctant to experiment too much with the top revenue campaigns as well, but if you don't experiment at all, things can get stale, and go downhill fast.

Tom