AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot see auction insights due to lack of activity.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to view my Auction Insight Report, but it tells me 'There has not been enough activity for us to generate an Auction insights report. Please select a different range or alter your selection.'

Do I have settings that are off, or just not enough data? How much data do you need to have?  Is there a threshold click/impressions/budget?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot see auction insights due to lack of activity.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes, you do need a certain level of history/performance before Auction Insights are offered.

I've not heard of a single number that is used for a "threshold." Which doesn't mean there isn't one--there usually is a minimum, but Google doesn't always advertise those numbers.  

If your campaign is brand-new, maybe you should just give it some time to gather data?  While the Auction Insights do provide interesting and valuable insight into the auction environment, the data is less actionable than some of the other data you're already able to look at. If your campaign is new, focus on optimizing performance for a while--eventually the Auction Insights data will show up.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I would also add that you usually don't see same day data regardless of volume.

I think the idea is that it shows you stacked up against your competitors. If you are not showing up for keywords (in any significant way), then you don't really have any competitors to compare against.

If you want to see your competitors, for now, you can also just do searches for your terms to see who else is showing up using the Ad Preview tool.
https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tks for replying - There is 2 years of historical data in the campaign/ad group. By threshold I was thinking more along the lines of total clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In regards to competitors - there are many and it's a competitive space, so I don't think that is the case.