AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot reach my daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

I would like to push one of my campaign by increasing my daily budget. The thing is this campaign doesn't reach its daily budget limit.

At the moment my campaign spend £50/60 a day, my max budget is £80 and now I want to increase up to £100. In the past I succeeded to reach this number, why cannot I now?

I activated Accelerated Delivery method today to see if something happens, but I'm still thinking about others solutions.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,

Monika

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot reach my daily budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Monika,

I'd recommend checking the status of your keywords with regards to both quality score and first page bid estimates. If some of the keywords have fallen to a low quality score then the system can begin to limit impressions and eventually even stop showing your ads on that keyword altogether. Just hover over the status bubble next to your keywords to see whether anything is happening there.

It's also worth reviewing your targeting settings. If your geographical area fairly restricted for example? It's entirely possible to exhaust areas if they are small enough.

If both of those suggestions don't apply to your own situation then let us know and we'll try to help you further!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Monika G further to @ScottyD's suggestions...

If your targeting is restricting how many impressions your Campaign(s) receive then the best way to increase spend (and clicks) is to improve your CTR (Click Through Rate).  There's two ways I'd look at doing this:

#1 - More Ad variations.  Try adding some new Ads and ensure your Campaigns are set to rotate evenly then examine the results after some time (probably at least two weeks) pausing or removing Ads with the lowest CTR.  This process should be almost never-ending but I've seen surprising results from just changing one word and a 2 or 3% change in CTR could mean a lot more clicks.

#2 - Examine Ad position.  If your Ads have an average position of anything below #2.5 they could probably stand an increase in CPC.  This may increase CTR and should increase spend, but the difference will be greater the lower your Ads are currently showing (you're likely to see a big difference moving from #6.0 to #2.3, but probably not as much from #2.9 to #2.2).

Above all, make sure you don't chase budget spend at the expense of Account profitability.  It could be that there simply isn't any way to (profitably) spend more than you currently are.  A frustrating situation, but one that's affected me more than once.

Just as a side note, "Accelerated delivery" will deliver no more clicks/impressions than "Standard delivery" where the budget is not limited, so it's not surprising this change made no difference and you're better off using Standard.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Monica,

to help you, more information is needed. Here's a little check list:

1. What are the match types? (exact and phrase can be very restrictive)
2. What are your geotargeting and geobidding options? (to small area or to low bid for a particular area)
3. What is the campaign impression share and exact match IS percentage? (exact match Is shows how closw you are, impression share how much market / impression share you have)
4. Have you any schedule options activated? (maybe you mis high frequent searches by limiting schedule)
5. Do you use device biding options? (maybe your mobile traffic is excluded)
6 . Have you any KW below first page bids? (check this with Filter / Status / Not eligible KW under the Keyword tab)

If you checked this, look in Google Trends - maybe your KW have high seasonality ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @ScottyD, @Jon_Gritton and @mvarga,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I needed time to analyze all of them!

Keywords: nothing special happened with the quality score either the the bid. Most of my keywords have 10/10 or 9/10. The first page bid depend on the keywords (between £0.01 and £0.16) and my current bid is £0.20.
I currently working on the SQR to expand my kewords by performing keywords.

Ads variation: I'll add new ad and will pause the non performing ads. I will see in next weeks the result.

Ads position: all my ads are in position 1 to 3. I just noticed that I lost position for some of them, so ad variation will help me to improve this position.

Match type: I have the 3 types in my campaigns: broad modified, phrase and exact.

Geotargeting: I selected the whole country (because my product is available in this country only) I did not apply restriction in specifics cities.

Impression share: since the previous period, I lost 1.32%. do you think is a relevant info?

Exact match IS percentage: my percentage is of 80% and I lost 0.76% since the previous period.

I have no schedule option activated.

I have a question: during 2 months I activated the following bid strategy: "Focus on clicks, automatic bidding, CPC bid limit: £0.20. Enhanced CPC"

During this periode I had good feedbacks: my CPC was lower than I expected and my CPA as well.

But I'm afraid now that the system is stuck in his own limits, and started to decrease my number of clicks and conversions.

What do you think about that? Do you use this kind of bid strategy?

Thanks a lot,

Monika

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Monika G which country are we talking about (I'm guessing the UK as you mention figures in £)?  One thing you might want to look into is splitting your target into regions (Scotland, Wales, England, Northern Ireland at least).  Doing this might allow you to boost positions through bid adjustments for areas that have better CTR.

However, if you're using automatic bidding you have no control over these adjustments so you'll need to consider (as you are) whether this is working for you.  What sort of conversion figures do you have?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Monica,

In addition to other insights, I would suggest such option:
- check auction insights so see how your ads perfome compared to your main competitors.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

If you will see that you are getting almost all potential from your current set of keywords, I would suggest to check keywords ideas straight in the specific ad.groups so google will suggest new keywords based on the list whcih you already have and add such retargeting on
search, display network (including YouTube), YouTube In-Stream.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Monika G,

Sometimes I see also some decrease switching to automatic bidding, but not drastic. Did you try to turn back to manually bidding and check the results?
I would try to turn back on manually bidding with increased budget and then turn back on automatic after a month or two. With the campaign data you shared with us there is not much more to recommend.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Monika,

You have some great advice her!
Just one basic thing that I would check... have a look at the keyword/themes that spent the most during the earlier period. Ensure that those keywords are live in the account. Also, ensure that you have no negative keywords blocking these.
Earlier, were you spending on irrelevant keywords? When you keep optimizing your account and adding negative keywords into the account, your campaign becomes more streamlined and hence you stop wasting money. is that the case here?

Another thing I would check is the trends for the keyword themes that brought in the maximum clicks. Use Google Trends to identify any seasonality in your geography for those themes.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions!

@ShroffS,

I checked the keywords which used to perform well, they still live in my campaign. 

Indeed, I added new negative keywords, so my campaign became more streamlined, but it doesn't make sense that my best performing keywords suffered from that optimization.

Regarding the annual trend, I did not notice something special at the period (only a drop during Christmas).

@mvarga,

Since monday, I decided to switch automatic bidding to manual bidding and increase my budget by 30%.

It's too early to draw conclusions, I noted a significant rise of my CPA, and had no more conversions.

Il will wait until my next monthly report (beginning of june) to start analyzing the data.

@Alexey C,

Thanks to your suggestions I will analyze deeply the data on auction insights. However, I already started to expand the area of my best keywords in order to increase my impression share.

@Jon_Gritton,

I'm working for the colombian market, so I selected the whole country (the service provided is available only for this country).

I really want to thank all of you for your precious recommendations and your help.

I realize the real strength of our community Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Monika