AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot make location targeting to Buenos Aires City. anyone from Argentina?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community, whenever I try to target my Adwords Search (just text) campaign to anywhere in a 2 mi (or even bigger) radius inside the Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires Autonomus city) I get a message as the one below: 

"Your ads may not be able to reach customers because there isn't sufficient information about internet users in the selected proximity target. Your proximity target can still reach relevant customers on the mobile version of Google.com or Google Maps users" 

Why am I getting this? Does this mean I will not get my banners delivered? 

It's weird I'm not getting any info on users in the most dense-packed city in Argentina and that I do get results if I do a radius targeting on nearby places (such us Vicente lopez, florida, etc) 

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Esteban

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot make location targeting to Buenos Aires City. anyone from Argentina?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Esteban T,

My best guess is that if you specify a 2mi radius around Buenos Aires city center spot, the area targeted will in fact be very small, probably much smaller than the city proper. The best options to target such tiny areas are via the mobile version or Google Maps.

If you specify an area that is really around (versus within) Buenos Aires you will find that the radius targeting feature works just fine. See 20 mi radius in snip:

Captureapr5.JPG

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos, thanks for your answer. 

I feel I need to clarify a few things regarding my question: 

. The radius is not around the city of Buenos Aires, it's within 2 miles of a specific address (a business I'm trying to promote) that is located inside Buenos Aires city. 

. What do you mean with this: "The best options to target such tiny areas are via the mobile version or Google Maps" I could target directly into the maps app instead of conventional search? 

. The image you uploaded isn't available.

Thanks again for your time. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Esteban T,

We used to be able to post images to this forum, I am not sure why it isn't working currently. The image showed a 20mi radius targeting around Buenos Aires.

I appreciate the point you made in relation to a specific address in Buenos Aires, however, the city seems large enough to easily include any such areas. What I meant regarding targeting tiny areas is that radius targeting cannot go as granular as you wish within a large city while mobile can. Else, you are advised to enter a higher mileage figure.

Best,

Lakatos