Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can you target 2 keyword phrases in 1 phrase

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if I am asking in the right place.

I want to target the following keyword phrases:

Work from home.

Home Business.

Can I target these at the same time (and have google successfully read them independently) like so:

"Work from home business"

Both phrase are there but they share the word "home". Will this be a problem?

Additional note: I want to do this on the webpage page content (like in a heading or page title)

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Can you target 2 keyword phrases in 1 phrase

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well!

What you could do is create 3 seperate ad groups within 1 campaign. If you create seperate ad groups for; 'Work from home', 'Home Business' & 'Work from home business' then you will be able to add the keywords from the 'Work from home business' ad group as negative keywords in the other 2 ad groups.

This would mean that if the user is searching 'work from home' then they would be served the ad in the 'work from home' ad group. If the user is searching 'Home Business' then they would be served the ad in the 'Home Business' ad group. And finally, If the user is searching 'Work from home business' then niether of the 'work from home' or 'Home Business' ads would be served, it would default to the 'Work from home business' ad within that ad group.

Hope this helps. If you need any more information please feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Luke

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats great Luke. I will do that once I get to that stage of creating my campaigns. For now I am just building the site and I am trying to optimise the textual content. I was wondering whether combining the keyword phrases (like in my original post) would work.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi big_Davebutty,

In addition to informative response from Luke, I would like to add about the keyword match type also when you plan to create your keyword list. Make sure that you select the right match type of keywords so that there is no interference of ad getting triggered from another ad group. Broad matches tend to attract traffic from within different ad groups, so you need to have embedded negative matches so that the ad which you need to get displayed from one ad group is the one getting displayed.

Just a thought!

Pankaj