3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can you review my website? No sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, getting quite a few clicks and no sales. I only have around 100 clicks so I realize that it's not a good measure yet, but I'd like to have some reviews of my site beforehand so I can fix up any problems.

Home page - www.peregrinearchery.com

Ad brings you to this page - http://www.peregrinearchery.com/order-online.html

Any help would be great, thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kosomoto
September 2015

Re: Can you review my website? No sales

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow that was quick.

I think it looks a lot better, but in the end it's all about what works. On that note, I noticed you're not using Analytics. That's always a must! Make sure you set a goal URL/tracking in analytics and paypal, and import them into Adwords as conversions. Be sure to add a privacy policy, shipping & return info, and terms & conditions if applicable. Analytics requires you to disclose what information it tracks within the privacy policy in order to use it on your website.

Another thing I'll add (though I wouldn't worry about doing this yet) is to optimize landing page URLs to contain keywords or product names you're aggresively targetting. So if the keyword is "english long bows" and it's selling frequently you may want to make a separate landing page URL /EnglishLongBows.html to improve click through rate.

Good luck kosomoto

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Landing Page review

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello kosomoto; Welcome to our community;

I personally like the clear page background

• I would outline the technical features / characteristics of your custom-made arrows using bullets, and not a paragraph format.
  • If you have different models for the arrows, I would make a separate landing page for each model.
  • I would include a link to full technical spec. Look at this example by Microsoft: it includes: an overview, a technical spec (in a bullet style - highlighting the 4 major features),  and a "buy online" link: All relevant information and buying options accessible to a user on the same landing page;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just very quickly, and based on different landing pages I've seen: I would say the composition is a off, there's a lot of white space, needs more descriptive text, and if you have bigger photos of the bow it might be better to lay them horizontal so there's more to look at. Sometimes it's good to break up the style/color of alot of text as well.

Hope I wasn't too rough!

I really love rei's landing pages. The different colors give you a lot to look at, and your eyes go from left to right like reading a book, so that's usually where you'll find the buy button.

Let me know if that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please be as rough as possible, I need help, this is my first business! Smiley Happy

Can you check www.peregrinearchery.com again? I changed the layout and I'm wondering if this is better or worse.

As for the pictures of the bow, those will be added in time but I'll take your advice when I'm done building more.

I added a bit more text. I can't put the buy button on the right since I'm using weebly's free website builder tool haha, I don't know how to use anything else. I'm a complete noob.

Let me know if it's improved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh yay, got the add to cart part onto the right where it should be!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow that was quick.

I think it looks a lot better, but in the end it's all about what works. On that note, I noticed you're not using Analytics. That's always a must! Make sure you set a goal URL/tracking in analytics and paypal, and import them into Adwords as conversions. Be sure to add a privacy policy, shipping & return info, and terms & conditions if applicable. Analytics requires you to disclose what information it tracks within the privacy policy in order to use it on your website.

Another thing I'll add (though I wouldn't worry about doing this yet) is to optimize landing page URLs to contain keywords or product names you're aggresively targetting. So if the keyword is "english long bows" and it's selling frequently you may want to make a separate landing page URL /EnglishLongBows.html to improve click through rate.

Good luck kosomoto

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello kosomoto; Welcome to our community;

I personally like the clear page background

• I would outline the technical features / characteristics of your custom-made arrows using bullets, and not a paragraph format.
  • If you have different models for the arrows, I would make a separate landing page for each model.
  • I would include a link to full technical spec. Look at this example by Microsoft: it includes: an overview, a technical spec (in a bullet style - highlighting the 4 major features),  and a "buy online" link: All relevant information and buying options accessible to a user on the same landing page;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks this has been a big help, I updated my website once again and am now using analytics. Hope this helps me.