AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can you have multiple objectives in experiments in analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to use Experiments in analytics but we need to track conversions for phone calls, chats and form submissions all of which are set up as goals.  Can I do this in one experiment or do I need to set up a separate experiment for each objective?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can you have multiple objectives in experiments in analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... Analytics is focused on content experiments; if you set different versions of the page you could do that in one experiment;

1. Preparing for Your Experiment

Before you take any action in Content Experiments, you need to:

• Decide on the overall goal of your experiment (e.g., increase traffic, sell more widgets)
  • Optionally, set up a corresponding goal in Google Analytics
  • Choose the page you want to test
  • Figure out which elements on that page you want to test
  • Create several versions of the page
  • Make all test versions of the page live

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745154?hl=en&ref_topic=1745208&rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response Moshe - I am still at a loss though how to set up an experiment with more than one objective.

The test isn't the method of contact but other elements of the landing page. Each version of the landing page will allow visitors to contact us via form, chat or phone.

I want to count any and all of these 3 conversion events as successes in the test.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I am more familiar with Adwords Experiments. For the specifics of setting an Analytics experiment, check with our colleagues at the Analytics forum.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

@MosheTLV  is correct and the Analytics forum would be a better place to ask this question.

However, I did want to say that running one experiment with multiple objectives is not the best approach. Every experiment should have only one variable--one objective. Otherwise, when you get your data you have no way of knowing which variable affected which result.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*