Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can we create duplicate ad copies in same ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to knowe that can we create duplicate ad copies in the same ad group. Does it effects on CTR Rate , Impressions and clicks. If yes -then whats the benefit & drawbacks of that.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we create duplicate ad copies in same ad group

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

When you say duplicate ad copies do you mean 100% copies or would you change the landing page for each version? If it's a 100% copy then there is no drawback other than a waste of time as it will effectively be the same ad rotating.

If you are changing the landing page however the CTR, impressions and clicks should technically remain the same (in an ideal world) but the conversion percentages may vary as the landing pages should be different enough to generate different levels of interactivity.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kevin S,

To add an information to the great advice from ScottyD : even if all elements from the text Ad are the same, the new Ad will get a different ID. You can see these identification codes by selecting in the Ads tab the sequence  Columns >> Customize Columns >>Attributes >> ID

The Ad ID is a number from 11 figures.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kevin,

I'm going to give you a different answer. I actually do this, I have 3 identical ads in one ad group, all going to the same landing page. Then I have a 4th ad in the group as a test. Ads are set to rotate evenly indefinitely. The result is the test ad only gets 1/4 of the traffic instead of 1/2 if I had only 2 ads in the group. This way I limit the exposure of the test and and increase impressions for the control group of ads in the same time period.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords