AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can we atleast get the Click-to Call feature back??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering If Google is listening to the Feedback from the Advertisers who are unhappy and disappointed by the recent upgrade of campaigns to enhanced campaigns. I do advertising for small and medium business owners in United States and my clients want to target only mobile devices because that is what that has worked for them and not every advertiser can be so big and have a large spend to spend on all devices. and then the Enhanced campaigns came to target all devices and that ruined just everything, there was a dramatic fall in the avg position, ..an increase in traffic and SPEND!! and NO Conversions!! from a 90% conversion rate we are on 0%, we are just spending.

There was a Click to Call feature so we can have the Callers directly click to the the Phone Extension, and that does not exist for Enhanced Campaigns?? Why??

I wish I could switch back to Legacy Campaigns Smiley Sad

Re: Can we atleast get the Click-to Call feature back??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1. If you want to spend more on Mobile devices, please follow this
Set the MAX CPC bid lowest possible for all your Adgroups or at the Campaign level if you are using Auto-CPC. Now go to Device Settings and change the Mobile specific bid. You may want to increase the bid by say 500%. This way you can avoid targeting Computers and Tablets.

Please note Device Settings is available only if you are using "All Features" in your Network "Type" in Settings->All Settings Tab.

Click to call feature is still there in Enhanced campaigns. In fact you get better conversion tracking mechanism available from Call Extensions.
http://www.google.com/adwords/enhancedcampaigns/features/

Thanks,
Balu
http://www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hallo LathaBalu,

Did you try to set the bid by 500%? You will get an error.

Bid adjustments for mobile works with -90% through +300% bids.
You can use it on campaign or Adgroup level.
You can also enter -100% to opt out of mobile for the selected campaigns or ad groups.

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30532?hl=en 

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Elja,
Thanks for correcting.

True. 300% is the max. I never tried increasing it by 500% and when I tried it showed me an error. It's really interesting and good that I'm learning a lot in this forum every hour.

Thanks,
Balu.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The basic arithmetic thing about increasing the bid by 300% is the actual x4 multiplication because the operation is :

[bid + (bid x 3)]

mobile-4multiplier.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Latha for your help
I already used the 300% mobile adjustment but still I am not seeing any good results, I had a very good conversion rate with the Legacy Campaigns, but with these Enhanced campaigns the clicks are just not converting to Calls , also I did find the Call extension and the Click-to Call option there, my campaign is set for Click -to Call still when there are clicks on extension there are no Calls, Is anybody else also facing the same issue. Also the Call Extension Status is "Eligible" unlike the status in Legacy Campaigns where it was "approved". Do you think this might be causing the problem.?? Does the Call Extension needs to be approved to connect properly??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
The Call Extension status should be Eligible.

See if you have correct phone number with proper format otherwise it won't work. I would prefer you verify every point here https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054212?hl=en

I would suggest you edit your Call-Extension and see if you have everything in place.

Regards,
Balu.