AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can topic be used as effective means of targeting in Display Network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

1) Can somebody tell me how to use topic as an effective means of targeting in Display Network?

2) Should it be used alone or in combination with placement or keyword targeting?

3) Does it give good results?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can topic be used as effective means of targeting in Display Netwo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Naushin,

Topic level targeting could be effective if used properly. Doing this, you will be targeting specific audiences which are already surfing and looking for specific business needs. For example legal services, entertainment etc...

The more combinations you apply, the more specific audiences will be targeted. You can check that while doing this towards the right side of your screen where Adwords shows you how narrow or how broad your targeting could impact while setting the ad group level topics or including keywords or domains.

Of course, you can expect the good positive results because Topic level targeting could hit the right targeted audiences online using the Google Display Network.

Read more about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497832?hl=en

Pankaj 

Re: Can topic be used as effective means of targeting in Display Netwo

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Pankaj's answer I like topics very much
As Pankaj suggested I like to combine topics with keywords (to narrow the targeting audiences) or to combine it with Remarketing;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’