AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can topic and placement be used together in Display?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can combination of topic and managed placements be used together in Display network?

How effective it is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can topic and placement be used together in Display?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If you target a topic ( with who knows how many placements) and a single placement , the target is an intersection between them. Here could be the outcome :

1) If the placement is not considered by the system to be a part of the topic on any page, I think the impression count will be zero

2) If the placement is a part of the topic , or at least contains some pages related to the topic, you will receive impressions only from those pages that are context matched with ( placement + topic). 

So if you think that there are pages on that website/placement about the topic that you have selected, it is a good idea to setup an Ad Group with placement + topic.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can topic and placement be used together in Display?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If you target a topic ( with who knows how many placements) and a single placement , the target is an intersection between them. Here could be the outcome :

1) If the placement is not considered by the system to be a part of the topic on any page, I think the impression count will be zero

2) If the placement is a part of the topic , or at least contains some pages related to the topic, you will receive impressions only from those pages that are context matched with ( placement + topic). 

So if you think that there are pages on that website/placement about the topic that you have selected, it is a good idea to setup an Ad Group with placement + topic.