3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can't remove excluded keywords added in keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very new to google adwords, and still learning. Whilst building my keywords using the keyword planner, I accidentally excluded two keywords I now wish to include. I had also added two keywords manually.  However, when I try to edit the negative words, I can only delete the manually added ones, and not the ones excluded through the keyword search accidentally.  Can anyone advise how to rectify this? Also, I can't delete my previous session with keyword planner, so starting a new one doesn't work, as it still applies the same rules...

Thanks in advance.

Carol

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't remove excluded keywords added in keyword planner

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Carol,

I an unable to understand your issue.
Have you added those keywords from the keyword planner directly to your plan by clicking double arrow and then deleted from the plan?
If so then it will available on the same position in the list of keyword ideas which you can add again.

Just click again the get ideas Tab.

Or have you added those keywords through search term report?
If so then check that particular adgroup/campaign where you have added those.
Also check the negative keywords list if you have created through shared library.

If you have already removed but still visible there then please do refresh, might be those have already deleted.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author carol h
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Carol,

To the best of my knowledge, it shouldn't be a daunting task. All you need to do is to click on that pencil marker and make the edits. For example, if you would like to remove the excluded terms, simply click on that pencil and remove those terms, click on save and that's done. Same process applies for Keywords to include section as well.

Similarly, when you go back to your AdWords account dashboard section i.e. the campaigns and other features and then return back to the Keywords Planner section screen, you will have 2 options: either to continue last session or start fresh like this:-

Screenshot_2.png

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Here's how, you have to change their status via the keyword planner by running it again and changing them when they re appear.