AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can i run campaigns only with Broad Match Modifier Keywords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am running an campaign for service related website. My question is, Can i run campaigns only with Broad Match Modifier Keywords? Will it increase the CPC?

--
Thanks,
S.Rajesh

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joomla J
September 2015

Re: Can i run campaigns only with Broad Match Modifier Keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joomla,

Yes you can run only Broad Match Modifier keywords in your account but would suggest you to have extremely relevant ad copies as broad keywords sometimes ends up burning budgets. You could also create new set of exact keywords relevant to your business.
And CPCs of these keywords will purely depend on your quality score & max bids for the keywords added, would not be able to comment on increase in CPCs.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I agree Rinkal. But i have added more negative keywords to each campaigns, to stop burning budgets.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi, yes @Rinkal is tottaly right however it's better to start with exact match keywords and if there would be not enough traffic add broad modifier. You can have 2 separate campaigns - 1 in exact match and 1 in broad modifier with different budgets so you will spend more on exact match keywords.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rinkal,

Can i use different match type keywords in a single adgroup? Will it burning the budgets?

--
Regards,
S.Rajesh

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Joomla,

Yes you can, but it is advisable to run them from different adgroups as you can control where and from which adgroup you want to show your ad from as you can control your ads accordingly & can put negative keywords. You might want to run a few keywords from exact match types than broad and phrase. Hence, it is advisable to run different match types from different ad groups.