5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can any body help me to get good CTR & conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running PPC campaign for one of my client, which are into domain registration & hosting field from past 2 weeks.Spending enough amount of money to run campaign successfully. But i am not getting enough no.of conversions & clicks. Please help me to run campaign successfully.

Details about campaign :

Search Campaign : CTR : 0.11 %

Avg Ad position : 6

Quality Score is Good ( not below 8/10)

Keywords : broad match modifier

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akkivishnu R
September 2015

Re: Can any body help me to get good CTR & conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vishnu,

From the info you provided the major thing wrong with your campaign is Avg Ad position. I think CTR of .11% is not that bad on that position. So if you want to improve CTR, you got to increase your ad position.

You may have to bid high because its a high competition niche you are working with. But if you can't spend that much you can try other options like

* Try some exact match keywords that are highly relevant for your client and bid high on them
* Try some bid adjustments like increasing bids on some particular time of the day or for some targeted locations
* Use as many ad extensions as possible to make the ad copies even better
* Improve your ad text with some unique features like offers
* In each of your ad group use an ad copy with a dynamically generated heading so that some users might find your ad more relevant
* Pull out the search terms report on a daily basis and exclude keywords that are not relevant to your business

Try these tips and wait for few days to see if your performance improves.

Regarding the conversions it will depend a lot on the features that your client offers. Because there are lot of options for users and they will try everything before they will choose a company to register their domain with.

From your side you can optimize the landing page experience to impress the users, try couple of varieties of landing pages and test which one performs better. You can also consider a display remarketing campaign that targets the users who left your website with out converting. Remarketing campaigns are really useful for businesses like this which will bring the users back to your website and chances are high they convert on their second or third visit.

Hope that helps..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akkivishnu R
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Akkivishnu R

Some suggestion to improve performance:

1. Check Search Query Report to eliminate irrelevant keyword to increase CTR.
2. CTR is quiet low, even at 6th position it is quiet less. Try some different ad copies and check for improvement in CTR.
3. If possible improve your avg. position, you can increase your bids as well as try increasing your Quality Score(which I think already quite good).
4. Add all ad extensions which ever possible.
5. For conversion part, it depends on LP majorly, so try and test different LP in order check improvements in conversions.
6. Use AdWords campaign to test different LP and ad copies(A/B testing) .

Hope that help..!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you tell us more about the account details like what is the current conversion rate?

Is the CTR you mentioned only pertains to Search Network or are you running Search with Display select? In that case it could be a possibility that it is the combined CTR i.e. Search + Display combined both.

In case it is not, then definitely it is a big concern and you have to seriously work on uplifting this metric. Anything less than 2% for Search network is not at all good. That should be your minimum aim.

How are the search terms? Did you check them on regular basis? Also I believe that 2 weeks is not enough time to judge the account performance. However continual optimization of the account is required.

Try adding more restrictive match type keywords like phrase and exact matches.

Also ensure that you are trying all the possible ad extensions that you can like sitelinks, callouts etc...

Make sure you are sending the users to the right page, otherwise conversions would be low.

How's the conversion rate from other traffic sources like organic, direct, social, referral etc?

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Very much for your valuable suggestion jithin.